Singapore’s largest home grown public relations agency, Mileage Communications, has joined forces with Tencent Inc (www.qq.com) Finance Channel, to promote the vast Chinese market to foreign investors. Tencent Inc is the exclusive on-line media partner for Expo 2010 Shanghai China, which takes place from 1 May to 31 October 2010.
The strategic business partnership offers excellent opportunities for foreign investors to effectively use the media and marketing channels to gain in-roads into China, a global economic powerhouse; and builds upon the complementary strengths in marketing communications of both partners.
Tencent Inc will tap into Mileage’s expertise in strategic marketing and public/media relations and its footprint of nine offices in six countries; to execute marketing communications activities that will contribute to greater business expansion and corporate awareness for both organisations in China and overseas.
Among the line-up of collaborative activities for foreign investors are:
- An introductory feature centring on how foreign investors can share their corporate branding, product and service experiences with China
- Creating interview opportunities with top Chinese media for visiting CEOs
- Editorial placement of a series of insightful news reports featuring participating foreign enterprises at Expo 2010 Shanghai China
- On-site media exposure provided by Tencent Inc Finance Channel within the Shanghai Expo grounds/ as well as broadcast feed from its correspondents in Shanghai:
- conduct 20 – 25 minute video interviews with foreign investor companies in China to capture opinions and viewpoints on doing business in China
- engaging netizens in on-line discussions about Expo 2010 Shanghai China hence gaining instantaneous and first-hand understanding of the responses of Chinese netizens
Being headquartered in Singapore, the Mileage Group will kick-off with a bid to better assist Singapore enterprises in their expansion plans in China by providing comprehensive and professional public relations services. This will extend to India, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, where Mileage has a presence.
According to an International Online (Beijing)* report; Ms Liane Ong, the East Asia regional director for International Enterprise Singapore, was quoted as saying that Singapore companies from the retail, tourism F&B and service management industries were already in China, ready to prove their capabilities. Currently, IE Singapore is actively promoting Singapore’s F&B and fashion industries to the Chinese market.
“As Expo 2010 Shanghai China enters into the countdown stage, this important international event is not only much-anticipated by people around the world, but also by Singapore and other foreign enterprises eager to use this as a springboard into the Chinese market. The Mileage Group is honoured to offer our expertise to work with Tencent Inc to bring China to the world and the world to the Shanghai World Expo,” said Mr. YAP Boh Tiong, Chairman, Mileage Group.
* Source: International Online (Beijing), 5 April 2010: http://news.163.com/10/0405/11/63GL93A1000146BD.html
About Tencent Inc (www.qq.com)
Tencent Inc (www.qq.com) is China’s largest Internet service provider and the Internet firm with the largest number of users in China. It is the only Internet service senior sponsor of World Expo 2010 Shanghai China. Tencent Inc operates and maintains the sole official website of World Expo 2010 Shanghai China www.expo2010china.com, which is managed by the Bureau of the Shanghai World Expo Coordination.
The Website is the source of authoritative, accurate and timely information relating to the development of World Expo 2010. It acts as an information centre and a working platform for the running of the Expo in four versions: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English and Japanese. The French version was also launched on July 13, 2008.